Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mouthful of Foot

Do you ever say or do something and you just go "What was I THINKING?" Do you put your foot in your mouth??

I did that today, ooooo on a new job too...ack! So I pondered on whether to write a little note to the person and did, which went something like "Oh, yeah, I realized it was a mouthful of foot and would you please look past that?" Probably worse than letting sleeping dogs lie.

Thinking first is probably always the way to go, especially if you want to appear calm, logical and orderly. Of course, for an artist, sometimes just blowing it out creates some pretty interesting conversation and well, sometimes art. But if you're in a corporate job, and you have the tendency to let it all hang out...well, it's time to get some coaching I guess. A little finishing school for corporate flunkies and artists. Fortunately, my boss is of the artist persuasion so maybe he'll forgive my flailings....keep ya posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment